Thursday, January 13, 2011

Awkwardness Abounds

So we are official...last night was try #1. Let me tell you what happened. With my pictorial interpretation

So, we had already scheduled with KD that I would be coming over to his house to get his swimmers at around 10:30pm*.


I got there a little late, which was okay by him. I wasn't nervous driving there and I wasn't nervous when I got there. I gave him his sterile collection cup and "pre-approved" lubricant. He seemed nervous...or maybe just tired. Anyway he wasn't a chatty cathy as he normally is, but who can blame him.
via

I asked him if he would be more comfortable having me wait outside his house in my warm and toasty car and he said yes.Which I was also most comfortable with. So I went out to my car and I waited and waited and waited for what seemed like forever.

via

I texted back and forth with CS, checked my twitter feed and facebook stalked. FINALLY he called me and let me know he was done and that we would meet me at the front door. I jumped out of the car and went to get the "specimen". He was there and seemed to be more at ease**. I took the cup, stuck it under my armpit inside my coat and then chit chatted for about 1 minute before I was like...ok I gotta go.



I got back to my car, buckled up and proceeded back to the casa. On my way back, I was on the highway and of course the police have blocked all lanes of traffic...meaning that I have to get off the highway and take the side roads home. This would not be a problem if I was good with directions, but even using a GPS I get lost. So as I got off the highway, I was enabling the "highway avoidance" on the GPS while keeping the cup upright and warm and trying not to get into an accident. I finally got a new route that seemed good and continued on my way.
via


As soon as I got home CS leaped into action getting all the necessary items together. And then we did it. While we were preparing the sperm, of course CS and I gagged...twice...since we are both Gold Stars*** Which only made us laugh...and then laugh some more. It was, how do you say, awkward...


CS asked me "Are you ready?" I said " As ready as I will ever be" and it was done.
So there you have it. Try #1.1 done. We have try #1.2, #1.3 and #1.4 scheduled for more decent hours...
All in all it was, how do you say, awkward...but well worth it.
via



*The pobrecito is a starving artist and works 2 jobs...so he didn't get home until after 10pm...hence the late pick up.

**I would be more at ease too if I had just orgasmed...

***While I may be a bisexual, I have never had sex with a man. I was a good girl....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! This is awesome. Thank you for such an entertaining recap :)

lipstick said...

@the opposite of oops: I am glad that my awkward life brings enjoyment to others! I would not wish for it any other way!

abmayfield said...

I hope it works on your first try!

Thanks for the recap...it was quite entertaining!

Keeping you in my thoughts!

Carrie said...

Hahaha... sounds like you're having fun with it :) But I have to say, your stories definitely reaffirm our decision to use an unknown donor from a bank!

Jenn Latino said...

I read this out loud to Dana and we had stop twice because we were laughing so hard. Can't wait for the baby to get here so we can tell him/her all about the awkward miracle of life.

Kisses to you and CS! Sending you "get knocked up" vibes!

lipstick said...

@abmayfield - thanks for the positive thoughs

@Carrie - I probably would be less awkward with an unknown donor, but I am pretty sure it would still be awkward. I have a tendency to make even the most mundane experiences awkward.

Jenn - i laughed as I wrote it...because it is too funny. And thanks for all the positive vibes!

Anonymous said...

I hope it works!!! Glad you have the good humor to go with the... flow, I guess?

And I loved the pictures!