Monday, January 3, 2011

long overdue update

I have been gone for sometime. Busy prepping and working. So I thought I would share with you the email that I sent to our KD...Welcome to my life. All real names have been substituted by pseudonyms for my protection and amusement


Hello KD!
First, I hope that your new year is getting off to a wonderful start! I hear you have a new job...how exciting =). I hope your new boss isn't a total loser...

Anyway, so I think that this will be the first month for trying to get preggers. Gosh, it seems like just yesterday that we first started talking about this and now here we are. So hear are some details and updates.

Chapstick and I have an appointment with an attorney on Thursday (also your first day of work at your new job right?) in the evening to get the Known Donor Contract drafted. This will be the legal document that we use to establish that we will not be seeking child support from you if and when there is a little bambino created and that you will be relinquishing your parental rights so that Chapstick can go through and become the legal guardian of said little one. Once we have it drafted up we will get it sent over to you and you will need to sign it. I have included a copy of an example that I found on the internet so that you can know what to expect. We wont be getting to crazy with it and it will just basically be a written down version of everything we have already talked about. Here is an example of a known donor contract

Also, would you be available for dinner sometime this week so that we can work out some of the finer details of how this will all actually work? We are available tomorrow, Wednesday between 5:30-8, Thursday around 7:30 and Friday. I just want to make sure we are all on the same page regarding how this will play out over the next couple weeks.

Just so you know where we are in the whole process I have been tracking my ovulation for the last 2 months and will be taking ovulation induction medicine this month to make sure that I ovulate. I will more than likely be ovulating between January 12th and January 18th so we will need you to be "on call" so to speak during this time. I will most likely be your contact for some of, if not most of this stuff in terms of the when and where, because Chapstick doesn't always do well with these kinds of details (I mean, she can plan a hell of a Halloween Party...but this is more my area of expertise). In advance of our dinner I just want to make sure we are on the same page regarding a couple things:

1) Thanks so much for doing this! It means the world to us

2) Since we will more than likely be inseminating multiple times between the 12-18 of this month,and this is blunt, please refrain from masturbation and sex after the 8th...we want to save those little swimmers. After the 18th you get to party all the time...safely of course!

3) At dinner we can talk about pick ups of the "specimen" (sorry...I don't know of a better way to put it). It will most likely entail me coming to your apartment and waiting for you to make a "deposit" in a specimen cup which I will take from you immediately after since the sperm needs to stay warm and as close to body temperature as possible to survive in the cup. it is so important that I be there to take it from you once you are done. And we would do this multiple days in a row...

4) I just have to put this out there: Please let me know if you are having sex with someone...since I will be exposing myself to whatever you have been exposed to...and I have all the risk. Not that I don't trust you...but I just have to be super safe. Since this is basically like I am having unprotected sex with you...but not really...but sorta yes...you get what I am saying?

5) Thanks so much again! I really dont know how else to express our gratitude for all of this...maybe I will get your face tattooed on me...or maybe not...j/k


I hope this all makes sense and I am so sorry if this email comes off as cold or really business like...I just tend to be a little more to the point than a lot of people... and I am sorry of this email is super long. Bleh, ok I am done. If you want to talk more about this call Chapstick on her cell...since mine is dead right now.

And let me know about dinner this week! Our treat!

Ok Thanks!

Lipstick!

No comments: